Alpine Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
935 Highland Blvd. #2180
Bozeman, MT 59715
Summary of Privacy Practices
This summary of our privacy practices is a condensed version of our Notice of Privacy Practices. Our full-length notice is available from the Receptionist upon request.
Effective Date: April 14, 2003
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
We understand that your medical information is personal to you, and we are committed to protecting the information about you. As our patient, we create medical records about your health, our care for you, and the services and/or items we provide to you as our patient. By law, we are required to make sure that your PHI (Protected Health Information) is kept private.
- For medical treatment
- To obtain payment for our services
- In an emergency situation
- For appointment and patient recall reminders
- To run our Practice efficiently and to ensure patients receive quality care
- For research
- To avert a serious threat to health and safety
- For Work Comp programs
- In response to certain requests arising from lawsuits or other disputes
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with the Practice or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with the practice, contact our Practice Manager. All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
You have certain rights regarding the information we maintain about you. These rights include:
- The right to inspect and copy
- The right to amend
- The right to an accounting of disclosures
- The right to request restrictions
- The right to a paper copy of this notice
- The right to request confidential communications
For more information about these rights please see the detailed Notice of Privacy Practice available from the Receptionist.